Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 3, try something new!

 Summer Zucchinni
Fresh from my mother-in-laws garden, these summer zucchinni's fill my fridge and my tummy. Great Challenge friendly food! Easy to find at the farmers market or grocery store. Be open to new tastes...you might actually like something new! To prepare an easy and quick lunch or dinner side dish, simply...
- slice your produce
-heat up a skillet with a Tbsp of Olive Oil
-saute your sliced vegetable


It will be done once it has a soft texture and looks lightly browned. I like to sprinkle mine with a little salt, pepper, and dry parm cheese.
This takes about 10 minutes total to prepare.





 Baked Chicken
I love to bake up a bunch of chicken and have on hand for the week. We eat chicken with our meal when I make it and then I dice it up for salads, wraps, omelets for the rest of the week. You can make this really easy, too...
-use a bag of frozen tenderloins or fresh chicken breasts
-layer baking pan with chicken
-sprinkle with olive oil & fresh parsley, Italian seasonings
-Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes

This is so tasty just for dinner and makes 
for a great week long supply of protein!


 Smoothies!

Smoothies are a great way to sneak in some of your fruits and veggies that you wouldn't eat by itself. A good breakfast option, snack time, or with a protein lunch. I have fun with smoothies! I never make two the same and often times just dump in whatever I have on hand. Try these mix-ups for an easy smoothie treat...

1.) spinach, bananas, almond milk, frozen strawberries, (I also add wheat germ or flax seed, but you don't have to)

2.) Pineapple, apple, carrots, frozen peaches, kale, almond milk or water or 100% fruit juice

3.) spinach, peanut butter (1-2 Tbsp Natural PB), Banana, Chocolate Almond Milk

4.)  Frozen Berries, banana, beet, almond milk

Just a few quick ideas. Here's the thing...you can't hardly mess a smoothie up. Stuff your kale/spinach in it, choose a super food  to add like carrots, beets, apples, and use ice to thicken them if you don't like consistency. Having a high powered blender also helps with the blending process...I love my Ninja :)
*****

Happy DAY 3, Challengers! Tomorrow looks a little different! Do NOT take your fiber drink tomorrow morning on day 4. Replace with your Probiotic Restore Ultra. It should look like this...

Spark, Probiotic Ultra, (Catalyst if doing)

Breakfast

Snack (Spark if needed, Catalyst if doing)

Lunch

Snack

Dinner, take Omega-Plex

Snack

Before Bed: Herbal Cleanse Tablets

No comments:

Post a Comment