Tuesday, October 1, 2013

closing time

The challenge is coming to an end. But with every ending is a new beginning and I hope that this is just the start of something new for you. While you gave yourself 24 days to be challenged in how you ate, what you drank, how you cared for yourself… my hope is you will give yourself a lifetime of providing your body with the nutrients it needs to sustain itself and to flourish.  24 days will get you started in the right direction, but it is the days after that will define how you really want to care for yourself. 

What will keep you going…?

If you enter this next phase with the expectations that you will never have cravings for junk food again or you will always have a bundle of energy to use or you will always fit into those skinny jeans or you will always have a healthy food option in front of you…you will fail at going pass 24 days and staying healthy. You have to live. You have to be flexible. You have to know your goal for over-all health and live from there.  You have to make the small changes where they can happen and know the small steps to living better will make a big beautiful journey towards better living.

In our culture we face each day with the pressure to go big or go home. But as years pass for me and I grow older, I am seeing more and more that small…simple…slow…is where the biggest steps in life happen. Embrace what doing little things for yourself can do to give you a life that is so very full… full of living well. Eventually you will realize that by staying with the little things, you have created a bigger way to live. And it is so very good.


So take that journal out that I hope you still have. And today, as closing time is almost here, write down the little things that are making a big impact on your life as you strive for healthier living. What are you doing that feeds your body so well? What are you doing that feeds your soul so well? Write these down and start here when day 25 arrives.  Don’t feel like this has to end, when this could be the start of something very wonderfully new.  

1 comment:

  1. Jess, you are so very wise! Thank you for leading this.

    A couple of things I've noticed and/or learned:
    1) I really cannot eat M&M's anymore. I had one yesterday and couldn't believe how bad it tasted.
    2) I get full faster. This means I am eating less. I eat when I'm hungry.
    3) Avocados are way easy to add to my diet.
    4) Spark is "crack" juice.
    5) If I want to look a certain way, I miss the point of being healthy.
    6) Simple, natural, slow is the key to spritual, mental, and physical health.
    7) Being thankful opens my eyes up wide.

    Thank you, Jess!

    ReplyDelete